Cleaner air is just a phone call away 918-732-9834

Enjoy The Feeling of Knowing
Your Family Is Safe

  • Fast Response
  • Competitive Pricing
  • 100% Organic Cleaning Process

Call us today!


Dryer Vent Cleaning Tulsa

Dryer Vent Cleaning Tulsa

Many homeowners are diligent in making sure the lint trap is cleaned between each load in the dryer. While that is very important, much of the danger from your home’s dryer takes place out of sight, beyond what you can reach in everyday cleaning.

It has been estimated that what you clean from the lint trap can be as little as a 25 percent of the lint, while the remaining 75 percent is not contained for easy cleaning. Even in newer models with advanced lint traps where a majority it contained up front, there is still excessive passing through. Over time this build up can create the possibility for a fire hazard.

Although it may not be on your current household maintenance list, a professional dryer vent cleaning can contribute to safe operation and the efficiency of the unit. Some common questions about dryer vents include:

How is the dryer vent cleaned?

A professional dryer vent cleaning should address the entire vent from the dryer to the outside exit point, reaching areas that might not be accessible to most homeowners.

Why would a dryer vent catch fire?

There are a few different reasons a dryer can catch on fire, one of the most common is if the air flow in the duct is restricted by a buildup of lint. This can increase drying time which then causes the motor to overheat. The lint underneath the dryer can then catch fire, which is drawn up into the duct by the air flow.

Why does a dryer cleaning increase efficiency?

The more lint build up that is in the vent, the harder your dryer has to work to dry clothes. Longer drying times are taxing to the machine itself and also require more power to operate.

How often should I have the vent professionally cleaned?

It varies by homeowner, but many recommendations indicate every 1-3 years depending on usage. If you have a large family or are frequently doing laundry it is likely that you are producing more lint than a homeowner using their dryer less frequently.

Some indications that you may need a dryer vent cleaning:

  • It has been 2 years or more since your last professional service, but if you see other signs then faster action may be needed
  • Clothes are taking longer to dry and the unit is otherwise operating well
  • The dryer feels extremely hot to the touch and clothes may be damaged
  • The outside flap of the vent is extremely quiet

Some other ways into increase the safety of your home’s dryer include being diligent about what you place into the dryer. Clothes that are exposed to oils, cleaning solvents or other chemicals may require special care or extra washings before going into the dryer. Beyond frequent cleanings, using the right materials to vent your dryer is important.

With more than 20 years of industry experience Better Air Duct Cleaning has the expertise to help. If you have questions about dryer vent cleaning, or are ready to schedule a service call today.